i've got the best of interventions

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Filter Magazine Top 20

Filter Magazine recently started publishing a weekly top 20 of sorts, compiled from a number of AAA and alternative-type stations throughout the country, including WXPN and KCRW. You've probably heard all these songs before (they're ranked by airplay and 'buzz') but here's the good stuff all together with no commercials!

# "Speed Of Sound" - Coldplay
# "We Both Go Down Together" - The Decemberists
# "E-Pro" - Beck
# "Feel Good, Inc. (single edit)" - Gorillaz
# "Looking At The World From The Bottom Of A Well" - Mike Doughty
# "Devils & Dust" - Bruce Springsteen
# "It's the Nighttime" - Josh Rouse
# "The Heart's A Lonely Hunter" - Thievery Corporation with David Byrne
# "Girl" - Beck
# "Trouble With Dreams" - Eels
# "Here Comes A City" - The Go-Betweens
# "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games" - Of Montreal
# "Goodnight Goodnight" - Hot Hot Heat
# "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" - U2
# "I Need Your Love In My Life" - Solomon Burke
# "Back to Me" - Kathleen Edwards

Filter Newsletter Top 20

Yes, there are only 16 tracks in the playlist. Why no recent Spoon or Aimee Mann on Rhapsody, I wonder? You can download Spoon's single "I Turn My Camera On" from Amazon for free.

2 Comments:

  • At Fri May 06, 12:16:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the list. There are some things there I have been wanting to listen to. And I guess is is about time I listened to "Speed of Sound" :-)

     
  • At Sat May 07, 03:33:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool list. I think they've been cribbing off our blogs for ideas ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home