i've got the best of interventions

Thursday, September 15, 2005

My eyes have seen the years

Tonight I watched the end of the movie Rushmore, when the credits roll to the tune of "Ooh La La" by the Faces. It reminded me of playing my dad's 45's in the basement when I was young. Flipping thru the boxes and sneezing when too much dust got kicked up. That lovely warm sound of music from the 60s and 70s. So here's a playlist of music that I remember, that I liked from the very beginning, that I came around to eventually, that I just starting liking yesterday. It all has that warmth that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

It constantly amazes me how certain music is absolutely timeless.

Warm Sounds for a September Night

* "Ooh La La" - The Faces
* "Domino" - Van Morrison
* "Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling Stones
* "Doctor My Eyes" - Jackson Browne
* "Jessica" - Allman Brothers Band
* "Ventura Highway" - America
* "Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)" - The Hollies
* "Bad Moon Rising" - Creedence Clearwater Revival
* "Feeling Alright" - Joe Cocker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home