i've got the best of interventions

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

885 Greatest Albums Countdown

In the many, many posts below are albums voted on by listeners of WXPN during the fall of 2005. The page with the complete list in several formats can be found here.

If the album title is a link it will play in Rhapsody.

While this has been the biggest undertaking of my short blogging endeavor, it's also been the most educational and rewarding. While looking at and listening to the many albums on the countdown from all different genres, it gave me a chance to do something I've always wanted to do, in a very short period of time; spend time with 'the classics' of rock, jazz, pop and reggae. I can say now that I feel like a more well-rounded and informed music fan because I've listened to The Band's Music From Big Pink and Coltrane's My Favorite Things.

Then there's the fact that the Beatles occupy five of the top ten spots in the countdown. I've always liked the Beatles but was never an enormous fan, but going back and listening to Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's is most enjoyable. They deserve the #1 spot (and all the other albums they had on the countdown).

So what's the future hold for Rhapsody in Blog? Well, I have a lot of things to catch up on and have a growing list of new music to write about. Plus, special thanks to an old friend who is new again for designing my new banner. It was time, don't you think? As always, I welcome the chance to meet and correspond with fellow music fans, so leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading, happy listening and discovering.

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 14, 08:27:00 PM EDT, Blogger J Shifty said…

    Keep it coming, Amanda!

    The amount of work you're putting into this monumental project is certainly appreciated. It's a peculiar sequence at times, but always interesting.

     
  • At Mon Oct 17, 09:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger Frederick said…

    Great blog, ditto shifty. Must have been fun trying to find all those album covers.

     
  • At Thu Oct 27, 11:33:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Amanda!

    I've been a fan for several months and check your page frequently. Thanks to reading your posts early on, I was able to catch WXPN's live stream and listen to much of the countdown. Gave me a chance to share in the fun of guessing where my favorites would end up.

    Thank you! Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home