i've got the best of interventions

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

885 Greatest Albums

The entire foundation of this blog was WXPN's countdown of the listener-voted top 885 songs of all time. The countdown originally aired in October of 2004 and on a lark I made playlists of all the Rhap-vailable songs and posted them on the then-generic blog.

Since then, my blog has a name, a personality, and despite the somewhat sporadic nature of my posting, I really enjoy music blogging and sharing my interests with others.

XPN has decided to follow up the greatest song countdown with a greatest album countdown, that began today, September 27th. I'm going to do my best to post the albums here (if they are Rhapvailable, there will be links to listen) along with some comments I can scrounge from whatever sources I can find. At the end I'll post my top ten album list just to compare a little.

The discussion over the voting for the 885 Greatest Albums can be found here. The page that has updates with the latest additions to the list can be found here.

Have fun listening! (If the album title is a link it'll go to Rhapsody)

(P.S. This entry has been post-dated so it can stay at the top while I'm posting the albums.)

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 28, 03:13:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you have a top albums ballot you'd like to share with us?

     
  • At Wed Sep 28, 11:32:00 PM EDT, Blogger Amanda said…

    Sorry, the voting has been over for almost a month. All we can do now is mock the choices we don't like...

     
  • At Fri Sep 30, 08:27:00 AM EDT, Blogger J Shifty said…

    Wow, now that's an ambitious project, Amanda. I'll be watching and admiring as the numbers fall.

    And, happy impending anniversary! You've certainly turned me on to some fine music I wouldn't have heard otherwise. Cheers.

     
  • At Fri Sep 30, 07:16:00 PM EDT, Blogger covalent bond said…

    I am impressed. I was glancing through the list and I saw Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I couldn't believe it, until I realized it still was not on Rhapsody. I can only hope that one day my Beefheart Rhapsody fantasy will come true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home