i've got the best of interventions

Friday, April 15, 2005

Song of the Day, New Releases, Misc

I was really excited to hear Martha Wainwright's new album. Sorry to say, I wasn't really that impressed. Them's the breaks. I heart Rufus, though.

Also, everyone seems to be blubbering over British Sea Power but I can't seem to get into it. I'll give it another couple listens before passing judgment. Maybe I just get used to the familiar and it takes me a while to cuddle up to a new sound.

Today's Song of the Day is Ben Folds' cover of The Cure's "In Between Days." When I saw him a couple of months ago he opened the show with this song. It just has the sort of quiet exhuberance I feel on a Friday afternoon in the office. You can't totally unwind, but you can wiggle around a little bit in your chair, and maybe snap your fingers.

Ben Folds - In Between Days


Getting around to some new music that I like, the new Of Montreal album, The Sunlandic Twins, is really fantastic.

Click the image to play. Trying to teach myself some more code so that I don't bore you all to death.


Finally, I am totally, totally infatuated with rhapmusic at the moment. Good thing I found them now when they're just getting started, so I don't miss anything. Keep up the fantastic work, guys.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home