i've got the best of interventions

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Song of the Day

My 'Song of the Day' is a sporadic feature at best. Other Rhapsody bloggers can more than take up the slack, I'm sure. On to the death, which seems to be the running theme of RiB lately...not sure why.

On Tuesday, the author Saul Bellow passed away. Wikipedia has this to say: "Saul Bellow was an acclaimed Canadian-born American Jewish writer, who won the Nobel prize in literature in 1976 and is best known for writing novels that investigate isolation, spiritual dissociation, and the possibilities of human awakening. While on a Guggenheim fellowship in Paris, he wrote most of his best-known novel, The Adventures of Augie March."

Another of his novels was Henderson the Rain King, which was the inspiration for Counting Crows' song "Rain King."

Click here to listen

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 07, 04:45:00 PM EDT, Blogger covalent bond said…

    Hi Amanda,

    I am a big fan of Saul Bellow. In fact, I just finished reading Herzog this week, when I heard Saul Bellow passed away. I guess it is time I updated my currently reading list on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home