i've got the best of interventions

Monday, May 16, 2005

New Wave Ken!

With all this posting about new music, it's time to take a step back and see what got us here. Although most of this music is just before my time, it doesn't mean I can't be nostalgic for it. The simplicity of New Wave was part of its mass appeal - can you think of a more accessible genre? How many clubs in your town have 80's dance parties every week? Yeah, that's what I thought.

To go along with the lovely picture of New Wave Ken, how about a playlist chock-full of New Wave dance-able goodness? Come on, I just know you know all the words to 'Rio.' Click Ken to play.

P.S. Playlist in the comments - it's a big list!

4 Comments:

  • At Mon May 16, 09:13:00 PM EDT, Blogger Amanda said…

    "The Light Pours Out Of Me" - Magazine
    "Love Plus One" - Haircut 100
    "Do It Clean" - Echo & The Bunnymen
    "Dirty Back Road" - The B-52's
    "Pale Shelter" - Tears for Fears
    "Killing An Arab" - The Cure
    "Skidmarks On My Heart" - Go Go's
    "52 Girls" - The B-52's
    "Going Underground" - The Jam
    "Crosseyed And Painless" - Talking Heads
    "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes" - Ultravox
    "Cars" - Gary Numan
    "Video Killed The Radio Star" - The Buggles
    "Looking For Clues" - Robert Palmer
    "Rio" - Duran Duran
    "Relax" - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    "She Blinded Me With Science" - Thomas Dolby
    "Pop Muzik" - M
    "Don't Go" - Yaz
    "C30, C60, C90, Go!" - Bow Wow Wow

     
  • At Tue May 17, 06:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger covalent bond said…

    I love the list. It reminds me of my younger days.

     
  • At Tue May 17, 06:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger Shawn Anderson said…

    How about New Wave Ken? Does he remind you of your younger days?
    ;)

     
  • At Wed May 18, 06:20:00 PM EDT, Blogger covalent bond said…

    Hi Drake,

    No please - I never had clothes like that. It was only the music that reminded me of my younger days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home